To be displayed in Sign Update magazine
July/Aug 2016 issue of sign update
Sign Maker / Sign Fitter Vacancy
Kingdom Signs are a well-established sign company, based in Didcot, Oxfordshire, predominately covering the Thames Valley. We have an excellent reputation for providing quality products and services along with exceptional customer service. We are a close knit and friendly team and due to one of our long standing sign fitters moving away from the area we are now looking for a new recruit to join our busy team.
The ideal applicant will enjoy working within a flexible friendly environment.
Applicants must be committed to providing excellent customer service and need to be enthusiastic, confident and pro-active.
The successful applicant will need to have a full driving licence, and have some experience of working within the sign industry.
The role covers all aspects of sign installation and so the following skills/experience will be required:
Desirable Skills (but not essential)
- Experience working in the sign industry
- Able to use your own initiative as well as work as part of a team, both on site and in the workshop.
- Strong organisational skills, able to co-ordinate and organise jobs and self-manage own time.
- Good communication skills, able to deal with a diverse range of clients and other team members.
- Good practical skills, able to use hand tools.
- Prepared to work at height.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong positive attitude, prepared to think of solutions in a wide range of situations.
- Awareness of safe working practices.
- Full drivers’ license
Daily duties would include:
- Vinyl graphics installation (commercial vehicles, windows, walls, etc) experience.
- Experience using plotters, wide format printers and CNC routers would be an advantage, but not essential (as training may be given if necessary).
- Knowledge of computers and preferably experience in sign specific software, in particular SignLab.
- Ability to work at heights and use ladders and scaffolding
- Liaising with other members of the team to keep projects running smoothly & being aware of upcoming work
- Preparation of graphics and signs in advance ready for fitting
- Meeting with clients and undertaking site visits & surveys
- Keeping all equipment (tools, vehicles, etc) clean and ready to use
- Ensuring the working environment is kept clean and tidy.
- Applying vinyl graphics to various substrates (boards, vehicles, windows, walls, etc) both in the workshop and on site.
- Preparation and Installation of all types of signs including box trays, flat panels, fret cut, panel and post signs both in our workshop and on site.
Normal Working hours: Monday - Friday 08.30am - 5.30pm
Wage dependent on experience.
If you have any further questions or would like to apply please email your CV, with covering letter outlining your relevant experience and current salary to: email@example.com