Roland DG UK, the leading worldwide provider of wide-format inkjet printers and printer/cutters for professional durable graphics, has introduced the 64- inch SolJet Pro4 XF-640 - the company's fastest wide-format printer to date.
The XF-640 incorporates next generation dual print heads and redesigned take-up and pinch roller systems, plus a host of other advanced features for high quality imaging at a maximum print speed of 102m²/hr.
"Today, more than ever, high-speed large format printers are in demand across our industry," explains Brett Newman, Technical Director, Roland DG (UK). "While high volume production is the goal for many of these businesses, quality imaging is equally important. The XF-640 answers this need in the marketplace by combining exceptional print quality with reliable, high-speed performance."
Designed for both outdoor and indoor applications, the XF-640 is the ideal production tool for signs, banners, vehicle wraps, window graphics, POP displays, exhibition show graphics, posters and more. The XF- 640 features new, advanced print control technology that incorporates the industry's most advanced print heads in a staggered design for maximum productivity. Roland's newest eco-solvent inks, Eco-Sol Max 2, offer an expanded colour gamut for accurate image recreation as well as fast drying times to boost production and the dual mirrored CMYK ink configuration virtually eliminates banding for consistent colour imaging.
Like the rest of the Roland printer line, the XF-640 is easy to operate. A redesigned front-loading ink cartridge unit provides easy ink access. With the XF-640, media loading levers are positioned in both the front and back for maximum convenience. Special media brackets support even the heaviest media rolls as they are loaded into place.
The XF-640 joins the SolJet Pro 4 XR- 640, Roland's widest and fastest printer/cutter to date which was launched last September. The XR-640 also features advanced print head technology, mirrored print head configuration and Roland's Eco-Sol Max 2 inks, but the integrated print/cutter streamlines production by automatically printing and contour cutting printed graphics with extreme precision.
SOLJET PRO4 XF-640 Features:
• Built for high-speed production and outstanding image quality
• New head control technology drives the industry's latest print heads, staggered to achieve print speeds up to 102m²/hr (1,098 sqft./hr.)
• Mirrored CMYK ink configuration ensures consistent imaging at top speeds
• Roland Intelligent Pass Control® precisely controls dot placement between passes for exceptional images, virtually free of banding
• New Eco-Sol Max 2 ink produces rich, vibrant colours
• Increased ink coverage allows for highdensity printing, even in the fastest mode
• Durable, scratch resistant and virtually odourless
• Supports a vast range of coated and uncoated media
• Fast, consistent drying across prints for even colours and sharp images and text
• New media take-up system for long unattended production runs
• Redesigned for exceptional results at high print speeds
• New dancer roller device stabilises media handling
• Redesigned heater supports quality high-speed printing with the take-up system
• Ensures even drying across every inch of the graphic
• Easy operation ensures maximum productivity from the very first print
• Front loading ink cartridges are easy to access
• Media loading levers are located in both the front and back of the printer for maximum convenience
• New version of Roland VersaWorks®
• Features built-in PANTONE® spot colour libraries to streamline the conversion process from PANTONE® to CMYK colours
• Includes a predictive ink calculator which estimates the amount of ink needed for each job
• Roland OnSupport enables unattended printing by sending text or email messages to a smart phone or remote computer when a print job is completed or ink is running low
For more information, please call 0845 230 9060 or visit www.rolanddg.co.uk/beast