To be displayed in Sign Update Magazine
Sign Maker - Production Associate
Due to a period of substantial growth Signarama Reading, part of the World's largest Sign Making Group are looking to add to our friendly team focused in the Berkshire region.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic Production Associate to join our team in Reading
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to design, produce, and assist with installs for all types of high-quality signage. He or she will interact with our customers and the public in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong computer knowledge, is proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop) with a working knowledge of FlexiSign a plus. Experience with Onyx RIP software preferred but not required as is experience with Graphtec or similar plotters. He or she must be willing to learn various other software programs necessary to complete job requirements and must have excellent communication and customer service skills. In addition, he or she must be able to pass basic math and spelling tests administered during the hiring process and must have the physical stamina to climb a ladder while lifting signs, reach and/or lift items from shelves (including upper shelves), and lift heavy items.
We understand that not everyone will possess ALL of the skills we are looking for, so are open to training the right individual to bring you up to speed if you possess most of the required skills. Your level of enthusiasm and eagerness to learn is going to be what sets you apart.
Give us a call or submit a resume so we can get to know you and see if you’re the right fit.
- Designs and creates all types of signs
- Masks, weeds, and applies vinyl to various substrates
- Properly and efficiently uses a scalpel / utility knife and ruler
- Properly loads and uses a hot/cold pressure laminator following standard safety precautions
- Loads and cuts vinyl on a plotter
- Applies vehicle and window graphics
- Keeps a running inventory of all stock and supplies
- Maintains an organised, clean, and professional production area at all times
- Greets customers and answers phones in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Helps operate and manage the store when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in FlexiSign, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe Photoshop
- Basic math and spelling skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills and abilities
- Able to manage workload and prioritise multiple projects
- Must demonstrate extreme attention to detail in design work
- Outstanding phone skills
- Prompt, reliable, and responsible
- Able to place onto and retrieve various types of substrates from a substrate rack including the upper shelves
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift heavy objects