New tools help print service providers and wallcovering manufacturers deliver 'high-value wall decoration applications'.
HP has expanded its digital printing solution for wall decorations, to help print service providers (PSPs) and wallcovering manufacturers with applications for commercial, retail and residential spaces.
The HP digital printing solution consists of a modular range of design software, media, HP Latex Printing Technology, finishing options and industry certifications. This scalable solution enables customers ranging from small PSPs to large wallcovering manufacturers to take the growing customisation trend to the wall with unique or short-run wallpapers, wallcoverings, wall murals and canvas prints.
HP WallArt is an easy-to-use, cloud-based web service that helps simplify the design, visualisation and production of customised wallcoverings. Introduced at Heimtextil 2013, the tool is already in use by more than 1,100 customers in 66 countries. Following this successful trial, HP WallArt will remain free for new and existing HP Latex Printing Technology customers.
- New features for HP WallArt include:
- A new alliance with global stock photography company Fotolia, giving users easy access to a wide variety of high quality, professional images, designs and artwork.
- Integration with customers' online storefronts for a customised and branded web-to-print solution that streamlines quotations, billing and managed information systems.
- A free HP WallArt application for iPad®, available through Apple's App Store, which provides real-time, interactive design and accurate previews of the finished wall layout.
- Easier production of canvas prints, including a multi-panel canvas option and automatically generated installation instructions.
- Additional new components for the HP digital printing solution for wall décor include:
- Certifications to help meet international wallcovering industry standards. HP Latex inks have been tested and certified by authorised third party labs and are compatible with industry standards, such as the EN233 standard for washability and colourfastness, the Euro class standard, Class B for flame retardancy and the CE Mark. These tests have been performed on a range of substrates from leading media vendors.
- Automatic winding systems from Fotoba International, which can reduce labour costs and improve efficiency by providing ready-to-pack wallcovering rolls directly from the cutting device. Two models are now available: the REW104 for media up to 104 cm (40.9 in) and the REW160 for media up to 160 cm (62.9 in).
"The wall decoration market is on the verge of major change enabled by the speed, quality and versatility of HP Latex digital printing technology," said Joan Perez Pericot, worldwide marketing director, Large Format Sign & Display Division, HP. "Working with industry-leading vendors, HP provides innovative tools and solutions across the entire workflow to help wallcovering manufacturers and print service providers differentiate their offering, reach new customer segments, push creative boundaries and ultimately bring in new revenue."