To be displayed in Sign Update Magazine
Production Manager (Signage)
Ice signs are a manufacturing biased company producing high quality and innovative signage for both the sign industry and private, high profile clients. With 20 years of experience under our belt we have become one of the country’s leading manufacturers of bespoke signage, often pushing the boundaries of what is achievable.
We are a growing company heavily focused on developing new markets, both at home and overseas, looking to take the company to the next level in terms of customer service, efficiency, quality control and profitability.
Due to impending retirement, Ice signs currently has a vacancy for an experienced Production Manager, with a solid background within the sign industry. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, able to demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills as well as being commercially minded.
- Initially, the role will involve working with the current production manager however, you will be expected to have management experience in the following areas:
- Built-up aluminium and stainless-steel lettering, totems, monoliths, light boxes, flex-faces and trays
- Aluminium and steel fabrication and welding
- Use of acrylics
- Paint and powder coat processes
- LED lighting, electrical systems and programmers
- CNC routing and letter bending
- Manipulation of artwork in Engrave Lab and familiarity with Adobe illustrator and Coreldraw
- Digitally printing vinyls
- Application of vinyls
- Other key skills and duties must include:
- Managing all aspects of production
- Reporting to the Operations Manager
- Regular attendance of production and board meetings
- Ensuring projects are delivered on brief, on time and within the allocated budget
- Providing regular overview of work in progress, using job boards and production software.
- Managing and maintaining production equipment
- Actively reviewing production processes and staff skill sets to optimise works performance
- Rolling out staff training and developing/enhancing the calibre of the workforce
- Taking disciplinary measures
- Team player
- Highly organised
- Process driven
- Problem solver/hands on
- Focused on quality
- Sense of humour
- We will also expect the candidate to:
- Promote best practice in accordance with Company Health & Safety policy
- Encourage, train and motivate staff
- Maximise production efficiency
- Play an active part in continuous improvement
- Appraise staff on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Company’s management
An attractive salary with pension plan and Company profit sharing scheme is on offer.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE SIGN INDUSTRY, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.