To be displayed in Sign Update Magazine
Skilled Digital Print & Vinyl Graphics Operative
We're looking someone to join our in-house print & vinyl graphics department with a hands-on attitude and an eye for detail. We design and manufacture signs and displays, predominantly for the grocery and retail sectors, using large format printers, laminators and plotters to create full colour window graphics, self-adhesive vinyl wrapped sign trays and much more.The responsibilities:
- Operating the prints and finishing equipment detailed below.
- Making sure the operator-maintenance is carried out as needed.
- Pre-press setup of print files from studio artwork.
- Print, laminate, plot, & mount various vinyl graphics.
- Contribute to department quality control and improve processes wherever possible.
- Work as part of an overall sign making team.
- Agfa Anapurna M UV Hybrid running Wasatch.
- Roland XF640 ‘The Beast’ Eco-Solvent running Wasatch.
- Versacamm VS640 Print & Cut running VersaWorks.
- Mimaki CG-FX II Plotter.
- Bobis Applicator (Rolls Roller style applicator).
- Hot & Cold Roll-to-roll Laminator.
- Has knowledge and some experience of pre-press processes, colour consistency, file formats, bleed etc.
- Has a hands on knowledge of large format printers, and basic preventative operator-maintenance schedules.
- Has great inter-personal communication skills, along with a flexible and hardworking approach.
- Is well versed in graphic finishing processes, including laminating, mounting, and weeding vinyl graphics.
- Confident you can perform as part of a small, busy, team.
Previous experience is essential as we're looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
We work mainly for high street and grocery brands, expanding into city-centre and leisure & heritage work. Producing everything from window graphics to full wall murals and point of sale displays.
We are a friendly, flexible and committed team and we’d like to meet you if you think you might be a good fit for the role.
We’re centrally based in the UK, in Shaw just outside of Greater Manchester, only minutes away from a brand new Metro station, which means getting to our factory each day would be a breeze from most areas of the North West.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.