To be displayed in Sign Update Magazine
Experienced Sign Maker
At Signcraft we design, manufacture and install signs for a variety of uses, including signs for business premises, indoor and outdoor exhibition displays, shop window signs, vehicle graphics and much more.
Your work as an Experienced Sign Technician would vary and may include:
- Site visits
- Creating basic artwork designs
- Preparing and fitting vinyl graphics
- Printing and laminating full colour graphics
- Cutting materials
- Installing signs and fitting graphics on site
You will also be required to deal with paperwork, such as job sheets, designs etc. as well as liaise with customers both on and off site.
What qualifications and experience are we looking for?
Experience with Gerber Omega, Corel Draw, Clarity and Versaworks preferred but not essential.
Existing experience within the Sign industry.
You will need normal colour vision, and have a good head for heights and a full clean driving license.
What salary and other benefits can I expect?
- The starting salary for this position will depend upon experience and will rise after completion of a satisfactory period.
- 20 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays.
What are the hours and working conditions?
Our normal working week is 39 hours, Monday to Friday. You may work evenings and weekends for some jobs, for which overtime may be available.
You would be based in our workshop, but may also work on site, which can involve working outdoors, sometimes at heights and in all weathers. You may have to do some lifting when installing signs.
What skills and knowledge will I need?
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work both on your own and part of a small team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Mathematical skills, for measurements and calculations
- Computer skills
- An understanding of the technology used to produce signs
- Awareness of health and safety
- The ability to keep up to date with new skills and techniques
- Good spelling and grammar
- Knowledge of lettering styles and fonts